Sunday, November 06, 2022

0 Want to Comment?

A Very Good Life

  

It's been such a long time since I wrote in my blog.  It's almost three years.  A lot has happened, but I don't want to go through all that except to say we have a new little granddaughter, Lily, who is nineteen months old.  I went to visit two of our granddaughters today.  Juliana is going through a terrible time so she didn't want to deal with anyone and stayed away.  I played with Lily and had a great time.  

My son and DIL have an Au Pair from Brazil now, which should make their lives easier.  Both parents working and one child going to school a half day is a nightmare.  I hardly saw the young woman. She has the weekend off and I didn't need to see her anyway.

I've been drawing again, not painting.  I guess, eventually, I'll paint, but right now, I'm doing mixed media and enjoying it.  I have a couple of watercolors ready for pastels.  I should be using better paper but I like this book and the size.  It's running out, then I'll switch.

In a couple days it will be the final day of elections across the USA. We voted in the beginning.  There is no problem in Delaware.  There is so much I like about Delaware:  the state is run by Democrats, we live in suburbia,  we live in a big house with a garden....Okay, there are gun nuts and bullies in the neighborhood.  I had one try to bully me and his wife made up incredible stories about me.  My way of dealing with that was to put up trees and plants blocking everyone.  I can take a walk and talk with humans I like.  Not seeing angry people helps keep my energy positive and compassionate.  

We live in a working class neighborhood.  There are no doctors or lawyers here, but the houses are big and every house has a good backyard.  We have one of the largest.  That's why I could plant a garden with pathways and trees in the front.  Lots of folks think doctors and lawyers are better neighbors, but I wouldn't know.  I tend not to believe it.  People are crazy.  A lot of doctors vote GOP.  They're making money and don't want to pay for people who might be slackers.  Maybe Philly where I grew up had more middle class folks.  It was almost exclusively Jewish and Jews value education and fairness.  Our traditions (and Torah), demand charity and tolerance.  I am a secular humanist Jew focused on my family history, if I'm focused on religion at all.  It's hard growing up right after the holocaust not to be concerned about Israel and survival of the Jews.  Currently, there is a ressurgance of antisemitism.  People are being murdered. 

 Of course, children in Philadelphia are being killed by other kids just because they happen to be in front of a barrage of bullets.   I'm always aware and upset over them.  It's all craziness and it's being ignored.  As though anything is more important.  I  think not.  I can't understand how anyone can not be totally freaked by children being shot down in the streets every day.

So we live in Delaware, as far away as France, according to my Philly daughter. Our house is full of stuff, just like the old one.  There are new paintings on the walls and work to be done.  It's a very good life.

Please forgive any missplellings.  I used to be great at spelling, but not any more.  It left.  I grew white hair as a substitute.

0 Comments:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home