Wednesday, June 07, 2023

0 Want to Comment?

My Next Pursuit: Being a Psychic Medium

   I don't know when it started.  I recognized my father from a previous life on a box of cereal.  Then nothing until I grew up.  Harry was interested, so we went to classes in the 1970s, but it wasn't the right time.  I started the Bustleton Food Coop then, and was involved in a group pursuing awareness.  My scholarship came through, and I began to study at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts and later, also the Philadelphia School of Art.  

  Days that felt tough, and there were many, I lay on the floor at Gerry Weiss' office.  He was my psychotherapist.  I was hysterical and desperate inside.  Being married to me had to be hell.  It was hell to be me.  I applied, I desperately needed, to be away from the other art students, so I worked the system very well to earn a studio.  I lost a lot in education, but I could be there.  I shared a bathroom with another student.  The first one I didn't like, but the next one was the best.  Her work was beautiful as was her heart.  It was a good time, I virtually lived in Center City as did my daughter, already six, with me. In many ways, they were halcyon days. 

  After graduation, Harry got me jobs doing Therapeutic Recreation.  At first, I didn't need more education, and I benefitted by working for people who cooked Southern style.  That was marvelous, but eventually, they caught on.  I was there for the food.  I had to return to school for a Master's Degree in Therapeutic Recreation.  This was the beginning of the therapy, and kinesthetics wasn't taught.  The degree looked good on paper, but in reality, I couldn't help anybody, and didn't want to be a cheer leader either.  However, I instinctively knew the field and took a test for the City doing that job. I got it and stayed there for about five years.  They were a very hard five years.  My boss was looking for a daughter assistant and my supervisees wanted me to disappear.  When there was a cutback, I was sort of put on the market and picked up by a Center City department.  The job was the best the City offered and I stayed for sixteen years until Lupus, brought on by stress, made working impossible.

  I used to draw at my desk, and paint at home.  I was invited to come to a BDSM club and draw.  I loved it,  I love drawing naked people and the costumes and schtick were fabulous fun.  (Nobody was ever hurt.) That was my life for a while and then it faded away.  I still know some of the people.  While I was involved, I did a few psychic readings and saw some apparitions in my house.  It wasn't haunted but apparently, people come to see their old houses when they die.  Mrs. Wasperstein did in the old house and Mrs. Smith in this newer one.  My great grandmother showed up one day for a second.  My neighbor's aunt came and stayed for at least five minutes, trying her best to tell me something I never understood.  I also saw a 18th Century man involved in S & M which scared me. 

  And then we moved to Delaware.  

#psychicMedium #LifeChanges  #TherapeuticRecreation  #BDSM  #S&M  #College  #ArtSchool  #Scholarship  #PennsylvaniaAcademyofFineArts  #1970  #GerryWeiss  #Psychotherapy  #BustletonFoodCoop  #ArtistsStudio  #SouthernFood  #Lupus  #LupusRetirement  #Apparitions  #Ghosts  #Spirits  #SeeingSpirits  #DeadPeopleAppearing  #RegularJob  #LivingontheEdge  #SeeingAncestors  #Movingon  #ArtistMedium  #ArtistSeeingDeadPeople  #DeadPeopleAreNotScary 


0 Comments:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home