Saturday, March 01, 2008

0 Want to Comment?
I've painted almost all my life and I enjoy it more now than ever. I'm disillusioned with galleries and that process is exhausting anyway, even if I felt good about them. Right now, I'm working on two more paintings that may relate to the Circles painting. Except for old abstracts, this promises to be a larger group of "pretty" paintings. I'm painting to please myself and I like them pretty.
I forgot to take pictures of the porch flowers painting. I entered it in a Wilmington show that's purely amateur with a big etcetera. People have talent but the show is major boring. Almost no one used red or bright colors in general. Everything was "quiet". My friend Ken Se gal, also an artist who now lives down here too, encouraged me. He comes from near where I lived in Philly and went to Tyler. So, I'll see if those folks like the paintings. He keeps saying the landscape will win a prize, but I'm not confident. We're talking about people's taste.
I worked today on my flowers painting and also on my current abstract. I like how they're coming along. I didn't like the abstract and couldn't figure out what to do with it, and started "fixing" it today. I also went swimming. My knee hurt me so badly every time I bent it, I just had to do something where it wouldn't hurt. I enjoyed being in the water. A lot. I hoped that when I got home I'd have the energy to paint, and luckily, I did.
I think my daughter had a good idea about using colors other than primary ones. Those are my favorites, but variety is kind of neat. I used Naples and Yellow Ochre, in addition to that mud red that takes forever to dry and "spreads". I've been using Viridian again too. I'd like to find a way to use a rose red if I could. I generally don't like it. I'm crazy about Ultramarine and Thalo Blues. Maybe I should look for my Cobalt Blue. I may not even have any. Sometimes I don't use color for so long, the tube gets hard. I poke them in the side or the top with a toothpick and paint from that. It's messy, but I'm messy.
Being able to work in the Arts is truly a gift from God. I dream about singing and dancing, but I love, adore, cherish, painting. I feel blessed.
I realize I'm somewhat of an atheist, believing in the highest level of spirit energy is God or Gods. Maybe that's not an atheist, because I believe in angels and the whole magilla. Last night, I had another dream of the other side. I think "the other side" is different from what I see, but whatever it is, that part of existence is not horrible. I would doubt, but then I remember Jerry's flying photos and the rest. Plus Aunt Millie--her spirit. In the dream, I looked into a mirror and saw spirits. Of course, I wanted to see Jerry, and was reassured I would eventually. I had a chance to dance on air, and looked at a huge swimming poor where a couple of women were doing the Dead man's Float. I realized finally they weren't coming up for air and tried to give one of the women a tap, saying something like, "You go, girl!" I value those little visits. I didn't see anyone I knew, but I learned. And I couldn't wait to go swimming!

0 Comments:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home