Friday, December 23, 2005

2 Want to Comment?

GOOD FRIENDS AND OTHER STUFF


Today was fun--out with Cousin Jerry for the afternoon and then an evening spent with good friends. Who could ask for more? And last night, there was a surprise when we arrived home from King Kong--known to Jaynee as "A Woman and Her Large Rabid Pet Gorilla--A Love Story". Like a cherry on top, the Anne/Kong love story was finished off with my neuropsych evaluation in the doorway. Jefferson found me to be super intelligent with no cognitive damage, but too nutty to work perhaps. I have to read it again because Jerry thought the "too nutty" was iffy. I question whether everybody doesn't recognize faces and forgets words the way I do. Maybe so. It seemed Jeff blamed everything on Lupus. Whatever.
Yesterday and today were mostly errand days; I got my hair cut yesterday probably for the last time at Barbarella's in the Italian Market. I had never been to a funky beauty shop before and Barbarella's and Amy, the owner were so much fun. But Amy is going home to Kansas in January and I have to go back to my friend Susan who opened a beauty shop in the summer. Honey had dragged me to Amy when I was terribly sick and my hair resembled a mop. Amy bartered hair cuts and color for a portrait which I brought her yesterday. I did a really cute one that's been on here before but maybe I'll put it on again today. After Amy, I drove over to Gloucester, NJ, to pick up my black velvet evening gown that had been made for me last year and supposedly had been adjusted so that it didn't fall below my belly button when I danced. (It turned out Mistress Dee had removed the offending elastic from the waist and had done nothing else. The skirt is a rag and the top has never been lined or repaired. It's a rag too. I'm very disappointed. It will probably stay in the bag till I forget about it and eventually discover it covered with dust under the bed. That's $150 down the toilet.)
Today, Jerry and I zipped all over Northeast Philly stopping at Famous Deli--Jerry's a careful diabetic but he stocks up on deli meats every two weeks. And I cleaned Pumpkin's kitty litter at Bubba Freda's. I'm surprised at how much I don't mind cleaning kitty litter and suspect it's some kind of poop fetish related to oil paints and early childhood. It's nice to be older and not care about whatever it is.
Our friends insisted on treating us to dinner tonight. I don't know what to say about that except I wish I'd brought them more than a plant. (And I wished I'd prevailed on Harry to invited them here for the Jewish holidays.)
It's been a busy two days and we'll be out early tomorrow too, then everything will quiet down for Christmas. Then it's back out again. I wish I remembered what was coming up, but I haven't any idea. If I can keep on track and get to see my friends and schedule some special events, I'm content. But I do really wish that dress had been as promised. I loved it even when it was falling down and the top had the kind of stitches I make. Now it's just a rag.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jude Cowell said...

Hi! Just discovered your blog--
i LOVE your artwork!

Happy Yule to you & yours from GA!

Jude

ps: off to clean the litter box...
;)

7:19 PM  
Blogger painterjayne said...

Thank you! Hey, what a great name...and you even clean kitty litter!
Happy Christmas!

12:24 AM  

2 Comments:

Hi! Just discovered your blog--
i LOVE your artwork!

Happy Yule to you & yours from GA!

Jude

ps: off to clean the litter box...
;)

By Blogger Jude Cowell, at 7:19 PM  

Thank you! Hey, what a great name...and you even clean kitty litter!
Happy Christmas!

By Blogger painterjayne, at 12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home