Monday, December 12, 2005

2 Want to Comment?

Looking for Ways to Make a Difference


An earlier Painterjayne is typing; mornings are coming too late and days too short. Today, when I awoke my sweet kitten was beside me purring so I spent a hour just loving her. Last night, I read a good mystery far into the wee hours; reading in bed is one of my favorite activities. I read during commercials when I watch TV too, only that's always the book I'm currently carrying in my handbag. Retirement does that for a being; you get to do what you want. I was painting all day--well, as much of the day as I was awake. I've got about five pieces going and once they're done, I want to begin matting. That's always a big job especially when as always, I've put it off for a year. I owe artwork to people who've paid for them and there are paintings I want to hang for myself. Since August, I've switched from erotica back to Funny Fine Art which I never expected. I wonder what's next; I'll have to see.
The Pa. Academy, my Alma Mater, is running a special program to honor the children who've been murdered in Philly by Academy folks doing portraits of the children. I'm thinking of volunteering. I can do that, especially if they wouldn't mind watercolor/pastels. I'd like doing them better. I'll email the program for more info.
And I read today that Saturday, during W's speech, there will be a Noise-In. We'll be out for the evening with friends and then zipping in to another friend's Christmas party. I never listen to any of those speeches by politicians but I would have loved to make noise during W's. I'm really sorry the US isn't a member of the World Court. It might have been possible for him and his cohorts to eventually have been brought up on war criminal charges. Well, if there's noise in Bucks County around nine o'clock, I'll be blowing my horn and yelling too. And tomorrow I'll look into the Academy's program.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why in the world would you volunteer to help honor children who've been murdered in Philly by Academy folks doing portraits of the children?

I'd report those "folks" to the police and take away their art supplies right away! They shouldn't get away with it!

Yes, I know it was just an error in grammar...but it still struck me as funny. Carry on.

1:49 PM  
Blogger painterjayne said...

Oops..hahaha Thank you.
Painterjayne

7:37 PM  

2 Comments:

Why in the world would you volunteer to help honor children who've been murdered in Philly by Academy folks doing portraits of the children?

I'd report those "folks" to the police and take away their art supplies right away! They shouldn't get away with it!

Yes, I know it was just an error in grammar...but it still struck me as funny. Carry on.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:49 PM  

Oops..hahaha Thank you.
Painterjayne

By Blogger painterjayne, at 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home