Sunday, April 09, 2006

0 Want to Comment?

Moving Thoughts and Bread

Our daughter visited today with her new boyfriend. He is cute; she was right, and he's a nice guy--smart with a heart. We'll see what, if anything, comes out of this. My girlfriend Nancy was here too; she was really the only person who I expected before today, but it's always good to see them. I expected more time with Nancy but they took her home, so we were cut short. Nancy's an artist too, and I wanted to go over my new work, so I'll just have to pick her up again. I'm just a lazy driver; I get tired.
I'm now making breads in case anyone visits; I hope I keep it up. My breads are terrific. The one I made yesterday is Coconut/banana/strawberry/raisin/nut. I love coconut and the bread's pretty excellent.
My freezer is full of bakery breads, rolls, ice, junk, and my breads. And the house is sort of jumbled; I'm waiting to move even though we haven't even looked at more houses since the last one went bust. I lost a lot of steam with that; it was a big disappointment. I have a list of houses to check with our agent though and maybe I'll look more tomorrow.
I'm thinking of trying to keep the cost lower than I planned, if that's possible. I'm worried about health care, prescriptions, and real estate taxes as we get older. It won't get easier and we're in the middle class who really shoulders the burden in this nation. (Even though the poor are truly oppressed.) I think I'm being short-sighted and selfish and if I really thought it through, I'd stay in this house and count my blessings and my money. I'm pining for my dream house but just because I'm pining doesn't mean it's a good idea. I loathe living in a row house looking out on trash cans; seeing neighbors up close and personal all the time; fighting for a parking space; and struggling with the steps. That still doesn't make it a good idea. I do love traveling but I'd rather live in a good house. I can answer my traveling bug by visiting my brother, which to me, is just fine (and I think it's actually okay with him.) I think I will find a house and we'll move and that's the way it will be because I just don't have brakes where maybe they should be.

0 Comments:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home