Tuesday, May 20, 2008

0 Want to Comment?

Senator Kennedy & Death

Senator Kennedy & Death
Senator Kennedy is dying. He's been a great defender of liberal causes. Of compassion and working people. I'm so sorry. I wished he'd had ten more years. Sad.
I'm live the fantasy that nothing will happen to me for another twenty years. I'm shocked when I feel pain in my knees. Flabbergasted when I fell and broke my front teeth. Worried when I drive, because then, I am aware of my and other drivers' failures. When I stand at the top of the steps, I'm careful. All of this stays in the back of my mind.
My cousin, who was more like my brother suddenly got sick and died about a year and a half ago. It broke my heart and I guess brought my thoughts of mortality to the surface. I asked him before he died, if he could, would he let me know he was around. I forget how long it took, but wild things happened--one picture flying off the mantelpiece filled with photos, the car filling up with smoke--twice--and more. Years ago, I'd seen the spirit of my neighbor's aunt, so every time I get incredulous, which is actually frequent, I remember Aunt Millie's spirit. I pray Jerry's spirit knocked the picture and the shoes off the shelves; raised my window shade two inches; pushed in my keyboard; and smoked in our car. I hope.

0 Comments:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home