Tuesday, November 01, 2005

2 Want to Comment?

Painting and Not Exhibiting



I'm installing Print Shop for the second or third time. Either I don't know what I'm doing or these programs are poorly made. Yep, it told me another program was using the application. I'm back somewhere near the beginning. All this for a home-made thank you card that should have been sent weeks ago. I don't give up easily though, so I'm confident I'll succeed somehow, to some extent with this stuff.
Speaking of overcoming difficulties, I really didn't do that today. I saw my neurologist who happens to be my favorite doctor and he said he's never seen me so relaxed. I'm guessing it's retirement, sleeping late, soft clothing, and painting. I'll be interested to see if I get a reaction when I wear the painting/pajama pants to the doctors' offices and various restaurants. I'm not really retired; I'm just free of confinement; free to be myself. Life is easy and I'm happy. Do I need to be celebrated as a painter by anyone else? I wonder a little, watching Theresa win awards, grants and be invited to exhibit. I'm glad for her, and I worry about the hundreds of paintings that are piling up in the basement. I don't want to be bothered with galleries; the whole experience is exhausting. Hell, I put off matting until I can't walk through my studio and when I exhibit, suddenly I have to matte and frame twenty pieces in one month. Or two weeks because I procrastinated or forgot. My goal used to be moving to a property where I could open my own gallery, put my work up and forget it for at least a three months. Maybe six. Whatever. Then adulthood set in and I realized commercial properties cost more and pay higher taxes, and even my own gallery would be a lot of work. I need ideas; I can see so many negatives but I'm not thinking through to possibilities.. Not yet.
Well, Print Shop didn't actually install, so tomorrow I'll try it again. And paint some more.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, the absolute most comfy pants I own, even before I got pregnant again, they're these men's flannel "lounge" pants. PJ bottoms I think but SO soft & warm,....Bah! I wore those everywhere, to my daughter's school, grocery shopping, everywhere,..I guess they're kinda "in" right now. I didn't care either way, soft broken in flannel is sheer heaven to me.

2:07 PM  
Blogger painterjayne said...

I chickened out today and wore black soft pants. Half-way there. Tomorrow, the real thing!

4:48 PM  

2 Comments:

You know, the absolute most comfy pants I own, even before I got pregnant again, they're these men's flannel "lounge" pants. PJ bottoms I think but SO soft & warm,....Bah! I wore those everywhere, to my daughter's school, grocery shopping, everywhere,..I guess they're kinda "in" right now. I didn't care either way, soft broken in flannel is sheer heaven to me.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 PM  

I chickened out today and wore black soft pants. Half-way there. Tomorrow, the real thing!

By Blogger painterjayne, at 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home