Saturday, February 18, 2006

1 Want to Comment?

WORKING HARD & YEARNING FOR A BRAND-NEW HOUSE



I've been so busy--first painting abstracts in a kind of frenzy which would have continued if I hadn't had to tend to my mother-in-law's and my own health. I'm fine but she's not, which is no surprise as she'll be 85 March 5th. It used to be just Harry who took care of her but now, I've joined her team. Harry was missing important signs while he followed up every possible financial opportunity for her. So now Bubba calls me a few times a day to tell me what she's eating and ask my permission which she doesn't need, for food and medicine. She needs reassurance. I been getting social workers in and prompting everyone to notice what she needs. And I go with her and Harry to her doctor's visits. I soothe Harry when he's overwhelmed and doesn't realize how things can be done. All this takes a lot of energy but I'm okay.
My doctor thinks I'm having a reaction to the medicine for Osteopenia and that's not good. Since I'm taking steroids and my bones have been thinning, I need that medication. For now, I've stopped it and I'm taking Nexium. The Nexium is working so we'll see. I also went to the dermatologist for my thinning hair that was previously coming out in clumps (until I cut my Lamictal dose.) The dermatologist told me to use that hair medicine whose name I forget now, but I haven't even looked at the bottle. Harry bought it for me but I just haven't started. It has to be put on twice a day including an hour or so before bed. If it gets on the pillow and then onto my face, the doc predicted a beard for me. But without a real bathroom, and being so busy, I just can't handle any more.
Of course, I'm still looking at houses and trying to figure out how to get what I want. It would be easier maybe to move to Delaware with a modular house but Harry dislikes Delaware. He thinks the whole state is Alabama with no decent shopping and backward people. We got lost once and wandered into a couple of towns that gave him that impression and he can't shake it.
Our house is going to look terrific when it's done and I'd like to move to another one just as nice. When I look at those ranch houses in Abington, they really do look old and shabby. I would love a new house built for us.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the medicine for your hair? Or is it for your head and does it make hair grow back?o I'm very curious since I'm going bald. Please let me know.

5:30 AM  

1 Comments:

What's the medicine for your hair? Or is it for your head and does it make hair grow back?o I'm very curious since I'm going bald. Please let me know.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home